After much contemplation, I have realized how much “clutter” I have lying around in my bedroom. I have tonnes of papers, make up, clothing lying around and to be honest, it’s not a place I feel peace anymore. Every Time I entered I would feel overwhelmed and stressed. How my bedroom was reflected my thoughts: cluttered and full of baggage. I decided to make a change. After reading the blog of the minimalists Joshua Fields Millburn & Ryan Nicodemus – I have been inspired to take the necessary steps to remove superfluous baggage out of my physical life and emotional mind. And I am excited. If this is something you are interested in, I encourage you to check out their blog. http://www.theminimalists.com/21days/
For such a long time, I’ve always thought that “stuff” were integral for happiness. I needed money to buy THIS. Everyone has THIS so I need money. It’s an endless search for new and expensive things that you might not even use! This being said, there’s nothing wrong with new things or even expensive things to treat yourself, but if it becomes the number one priority in life, happiness is no longer present. Things that are sentimental to you, or things that you will use often will make you happier. And many people have attested to this. So here I go…
Day 1: Decisions
Your only exercise today is simple: make your Must List. What are your musts? What must change? What has brought pain into your life? What will bring great pleasure? Take as much time as you need and write down all your musts.
- I must… remove unnecessary clutter in my bedroom.
- I must… be kinder and more open to others; especially family.
- I must… improve my health by exercising, pilates, yoga and meditation
- I must… spend LESS time on social media.
- I must… read a book a week
- I must… rekindle old friendships and make the effort
- I must… retrain my brain to think more positively and develop a growth mindset
- I must… learn to cook more food
- I must… practice playing the piano and the guitar
- I must… go on more adventures in my own town/country
- I must… let go of things that hurt me
- I must… grab opportunities each day
- I must… share my dreams and passions
- I must… not fear judgement
I MUST CHANGE.